Sunday, May 1, 2011

Reading for... Reading?

I've been reading a book called "Le Morte d'Arthur", by Sir Thomas Malory for a few months now. Yes, I said months. And no, I don't read more than 1 book at a time (in general). And yes, I was pretty bad this month at reading 1 hour each day.

The story is considered the original King Arthur story, and is actually very interesting. It's a heavy read though- not your everyday, modern English- and it's also more than 500 pages long. Not a quick read.

I've been getting back into it, and only have 80 pages left to read. I don't feel myself enjoying, or getting anything from it though. At this point, I'm finishing for the sake of finishing, and I refuse to leave it so long that I need to start over. Goal is to finish tomorrow. Lots of new, fun books to read!

The motivation is a new movie coming out called Something Borrowed. It's based on the Emily Griffin novel by the same name, and is in theaters Friday. I'd like to read the book before seeing the movie next weekend. The hope is to be done with Morte d'Arthur before even starting Something Borrowed.

Have you ever read a book, just for the sake of finishing it? How did you get yourself motivated to finish?

No comments:

Post a Comment