Thursday, September 15, 2011

Not At A Better Time

I'm a member over on Goodreads, which is quickly becoming one of my most often go-to websites. It's right up there with Hotmail (where I can watch my inbox remain empty) and Twitter (where I can tell the world what kind of cereal I'm eating at any given moment). Now I can also share what I'm reading, and what page I'm on. Eureka!
This morning I logged on, and lo and behold something new : Personalized Book Recommendations. "Wha-?" I asked myself. Click. And there they were in all their glory : Books I haven't read yet, or would've even known about, all separated and organized based on different shelves I've organized my books in. Adventure, chick-lit, 2011. It goes on and on.
This could not come at a better time. For the past few weeks, I had some unpleasant reading experiences (I disliked almost every book I read), and was starting to feel really shaky in my book choices. What if I don't like it? Worse, what if I hate it? How am I supposed to reel back, and feel confident and optimistic with each new book I pick up? What if I never enjoyed another book ever again, as long as I lived??? (In a moment of weakness, the thought went through my brain. Don't judge.)
Ultimately, I went back to the basics and reread my all-time favorite novel. I've fallen back in love with reading, and am now halfway done the third book of the Airhead series by Meg Cabot. (I started the series approximately 3-4 days ago, just fyi.) Love it!
Thank you, GoodReads. These recommendations could not have come at a better time.

No comments:

Post a Comment