Monday, October 10, 2011

Prep Time

As I've mentioned in my previous blog post, November is National Novel Writing Month. I will be participating, writing my very own novel which will be called Legally 12. I am so excited for this challenge! I've been jotting down ideas, names, plotlines, etc. since last month. With only 3 weeks left to go, I feel things starting to come together nicely.

I had the idea recently for a very specific character. This person will really only come into play in the second half of the book (as I see it right now- obviously, once the creative juices start flowing, things may be different). This person creates a really nice segue for my already-being-planned sequel to Legally 12, called Adultbopper.

In the coming weeks, I will be really dedicating myself to making a thorough outline, coming up with backstories for each character, mannerisms and details. Who knows, maybe I'll even be able to get these 50, 000 words done in 30 days!

With just 3 weeks left to go, I feel mysef getting more and more antsy to start writing. When were you last excited about something? Did the anticipation change your opinion once you started the endeavour?

1 comment:

  1. The last time I was really really excited about something was Alan's 30th birthday and all the surprises I had up my sleeve for that weekend.

    Personally, I often get way more excited about the journey leading up to the endeavour than the actual endeavour itself. :)

    ReplyDelete