Sunday, February 20, 2011

Book Review: I Think I Love You

I just recently finished reading I Think I Love You by Allison Pearson. It's a great book for any David Cassidy or Partridge Family fans, but is also a fun read for fans of any celebrity.

Long story short, the book tells the story of 13-year-old Petra, and her diehard obsession (ahem, love for) David Cassidy during the 1970s. It follows her into adulthood, when this love becomes a distant memory, and a nostalgic smile.

It was a really quick read for me. I couldn't put it down, and finished the novel in 2 days. I admit, despite my age, I was a Partridge Family fan during my adolescence. But even from the viewpoint of any fan, it was great to read.

My favorite line is on page 194, when (and here I paraphrase) Allison Pearson writes that "faces and names change," but the experience remains the same, no matter who the celebrity, no matter what the decade. So, so true.

All in all, I give this book 4.5/5 stars.

I think I love you, I Think I Love You!

No comments:

Post a Comment