Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Beastly

I've been a bad blogger lately. I can come up with a hundred different reasons why I haven't written anything lately: I went to New York City for a weekend. My parents were in Vegas, so I had to hold down the fort. Holding down the fort included watching 3 dogs (an almost-14 year old, and 2 9-month old puppies). The truth is, I just didn't have anything to say. I'm saying it now.

On Friday night, I went to see the movie Beastly with a group of friends. The four of us usually have a games night (board games are back, baby!), but this week we opted for a movie instead.

Beastly, in case you don't know, is based on the book of the same name, and is a twist on the classic tale Beauty and the Beast.

I fell in love with the movie! I love the plot, the characters, the backstory each of them has, and of course, the romance. I fell so much in love with it, that I rushed to Chapters online and placed an order for this, and a couple other Alex Flinn novels. (The author has several books based on other fairy tales.)

I got it this morning, and all day long, I eyed the book. "Stop it! You're supposed to be working," I would think to myself. When the end of the day rolled around, I grabed the book,curled up on the sofa, and started reading.

I read, and read, and read some more. In 2 1/2 short hours, I had read the whole thing. And I could just as easily read it again, and again.

If you like fairy tales, and can enjoy some YA fiction, this book is for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment